9.10.2010

Hellickson Residence planters
















Here's a couple of planters I'm in the process of fabricating for the Hellickson Residence here in Des Moines. The obstacle in this job was the column right in the middle of planters. Thus, they have to be built in halves and assembled after powder coating. Initially, I was going to build the planters and saw them in half through the center and then build some kind of fasteners to reattach them. I never really liked that notion and then the idea of attaching in the corners hit me.

I'll drill a couple of holes in the angle iron for some 1/4" x 20 bolts to fit through and fasten to the 11 ga. 1" sq. tubing that has been tapped. The top edging of each planter will have 1" sq. tubing around the perimeter to match an existing piece on their patio. Each planter will sit 1 1/2" off of the ground with an expanded steel bottom to allow for water dispersement.

Overall dimensions: 30" x 30" x 14 3/4"...11 ga. mild steel.

No comments: