11.12.2009

Lil' Hutch's sporty





Well, I tried to talk him out of it (three times!), but he didn't listen. After riding a rigid frame for a few years myself, I don't know why anybody would willingly want to trade down from a swingarm, to...well...nothing. It makes my spine and kidneys hurt thinking about it. But, to each his own...

The frame is a stock '81 Sportster. The rigid section is from Led Sled Customs in Dayton, Ohio. The fabrication of their products is stout; looks like 11 ga. tube and nice tig-welded joints. After taking some time to measure, re-measure and eye down both pieces, it was time to take the cut-off wheel to the frame. I'll be damned if everything came pretty damn close right off the bat. So good, that I should have ground the bevels on the frame cuts and drilled the holes for the plug-welds before fitting the thing.

Tig torch comes out next. Zap....Zap...Zap...

No comments: