9.03.2009

Swanson/Real tables



Here's the beginning of the process - laying the ideas out on paper and plan, plan, plan. It's been a while since I've spent any time out in the shop, but that's about to change. My love of cooking took me out on the road for a month during July/August as a touring caterer for the "Rock The River" Christian music festival. Long days and hot heat quenched my thirst for culinary for a while. It was a lot of fun and I was blessed to make a lot of new friends.

These tables will lead off the fall season in the shop for me and end up in Chicago in about a month. Thanks to Jason and Alex for the work. Always means a lot to build pieces for friends. Tomorrow will be a lot of ripping, planing, jointing and gluing of walnut. I'm excited to get back at it...cheers.

No comments: