Things have become quite busy 'round here...and don't appear to be slowing any time soon. The following is from the Craigslist posting we made last week. Just to preface what will already be stated below, we are looking for someone who has experience FABRICATING RAILING. This is very important.
The ideal candidate will:
* possess TIG, MIG, and stick welding skills (min. 3 years)
* possess general steel fabrication (bending, torching, cutting) and wood carpentry skills
* have experience fabricating and installing steel railings and staircases
* have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure, blueprints and architect/designer drawings
* have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation
* have a strong work ethic and prompt adherence to start times and deadlines
* be drug-free with no criminal background
Candidates must meet the above criteria to be considered.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a small team on creative projects ranging from custom railings to furniture to art installations. The position starts at 20 hours per week with the potential for full-time work very soon. Position begins as soon as possible.
Candidates meeting all resume criteria will be required to perform a small fabrication test that exhibits his/her skills in interpreting drawings, cutting material, welding and grinding before being offered the position. This is more than JUST A WELDING GIG. Welding is about 10% of this job. We need a fabricator, not just a welder.
Email correspondence only. Thank you.